28 Nov Westfield, Chevron Hold Kick-Off Meetings for The Escravos Aviation Fuel Dispensing Upgrade Project
The technical kick-off for the Detailed Engineering Design (DED) for the Escravos Aviation Fuel Dispensing Upgrade Project was held on Friday, November 15, 2019 at the premises of Westfield Energy Resources Limited in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
The event had in attendance representatives of Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL); and Westfield Energy Resources Limited (WERL).
The technical kick-off meeting came a few weeks after the management kick-off meeting was held at the same venue.
In his opening remarks, CNL Engineering Manager, Mr. Steve Gillam spoke glowingly about Westfield’s handling of recent contracts for the company. He said they were highly impressed with Westfield performance during the FEED and DED phases of the Tanks Repair and Upgrade (TRU) Projects. He expressed optimism that the same level of professionalism and quality service delivery would be brought to bear in this new project.
Mr. Gillam reiterated the importance of Safety, Quality and Cost consideration in the execution of the project. He harped on the need for maximum cooperation from both companies to ensure timely completion of the project.
The Chief Operating Officer of Westfield Mr. Michel Messina thanked Chevron for the opportunity to work on the project and reassured all stakeholders of Westfield’s commitment to successful project execution.
Mr. Gillam thereafter gave a brief background to the Escravos Fuel Dispensing Upgrade Works.
According to him, the scope of work was outlined to involve Upgrade of the Escravos Fuel Dispensing Systems.
Summary of the scope of work includes the following:
- Reroute below-grade 4No. number stainless steel jet fuel lines to enable proposed 2-lane road and adjoining 1.5m covered walkway.
- Supply and install 4No. Eastern Petroleum Supplies (EPS) jet fuel dispenser skids to replace existing.
- Flange connection at the interphase between Item 1 and Item 2 above.
- Design to enable the construction of a 2-lane vehicular roadway between Escravos Airport Terminal Building car park and Hangar Building.
- Design to enable the construction of a covered walkway between Escravos Airport Terminal Building and Hangar Building.
- Provide all necessary lighting and power supply requirements for the complete design
- Provide all Instrument interfaces as required.